[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun Prime fails to record certain channels (Cable Card)

James Purl convbox at jamespurl.com
Fri Aug 3 09:16:55 UTC 2012

Good Day,

Weird issue I was wondering if anyone might have a clue (I can provide logs
when I dig in later if need be).  I've had a Ceton PCIe tuner (in cablecard
mode) since May and just got a HDHR Prime from the wootoff.  I finally got
the HDHR-P activated (those of you using Comcast in the South Bay, be sure
to prod them about headend config--took a tech hours to finally get the
activation people he was calling to get my stuff on the right head-end to
download my channels--but I digress).  It does fine except on the new NBC
Soccer and Basketball channels (maybe others, only these for sure). The
weird part is the HDHR-P shares a listing with my Ceton tuners, and those
tune those channels fine-leading me to presume the channel setup is fine.
When Myth has the HDHR-P try, it gets stuck in "tuning".  It recorded other
shows fine today.  Using Windows with the HDHR Setup and QuickTV programs
to manually tune in those problem channels works fine, so the HDHR-P *can*
do it. Also, I've looked at the tuner status webpage while Myth tries to
fire up a recording and there are no flags (CCI / CGMS) that should stop it
(ie "unrestricted" and "n/a" respectively). I'm running mythbuntu
0.25-fixes builds.

I will begin digging deeper this weekend--just wanted to see if there was a
"Oh yeah, you have to do -blank- to the channel or tuner setup" out there.

Thanks
James