[mythtv-users] OS X + Logitech Harmony + Remote Buddy + MythTV => Help!

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Fri Aug 3 14:33:52 UTC 2012

At 12:35 AM +0100 8/3/12, Matt Wynne wrote:
>Following my previous thread[1], I've bought a Logitech Harmony 300
>and the Remote Buddy Express software. I'm running OS X 10.7 (Lion)
>with MythFrontEnd 0.25
>
>I'm still pretty bewildered by this setup - so many different layers
>to configure, and very little existing information out there, as far
>as I can tell. There are quite a few people doing this with Plex
>(e.g. [2]), but I can't see any tutorials for this setup for MythTV.
>
>Could anyone who has this working give me a few clues please? What
>device profile should I use on the Harmony? Do I need to provide my
>own mappings / behaviours in Remote Buddy, or are there some bundled
>ones I can download from somewhere?
>
>If I've missed some obvious reference info, please do point me to it
>and I'll go off and do my homework.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Matt
>
>[1] <http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2012-March/330419.html>http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2012-March/330419.html
>[2] <http://www.geekzone.co.nz/lotech/7433>http://www.geekzone.co.nz/lotech/7433

No firsthand knowledge of RemoteBuddy here, but I found the following
on the Myth wiki by searching for 'buddy':

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User:Thealey#Remote_Control.2C_Remote_Buddy

Seems to relate to .20/.21 versions but perhaps it will give you a pointer.

BTW, do you have an Apple Remote (6 button)?  Does it work?

Rather than RemoteBuddy, do you have an HDHomerun with IR receiver?
I've been using that for 5+ years with my Mac.

Another option is the IguanaIR with LIRC:
http://iguanaworks.net/products/usb-ir-transceiver/
https://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/sysutils/lirc/Portfile

Craig