[mythtv-users] Video Metadata

Tim Raphael raphael.timothy at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 15:09:56 UTC 2012

Hi All,

I have a few questions about 0.25 and metadata for video files in the gallery.

1) What is the correct way to have the frontend perform a periodic
scan of the video library?
I would like it such that the user never needs to do this from the GUI
as I have a very large library that is altered constantly and takes
time to update.

2) What is the correct procedure for adding metadata on mass to video
files in the gallery - not recordings, videos.
Running the Ttvdb.py script on the commandline doesn't produce any
results. The only way I have gotten this to work so far is hitting 'w'
while the specific episode is selected in mythtv. I have ~1800 TV show
epiosdes and this simply is not an option for filling metadata one
episode at a time.

Thanks,

Tim