[mythtv-users] Video Metadata

Chris Gentle gentlec at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 15:28:13 UTC 2012

On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 10:09 AM, Tim Raphael <raphael.timothy at gmail.com>wrote:

> 2) What is the correct procedure for adding metadata on mass to video
> files in the gallery - not recordings, videos.
> Running the Ttvdb.py script on the commandline doesn't produce any
> results. The only way I have gotten this to work so far is hitting 'w'
> while the specific episode is selected in mythtv. I have ~1800 TV show
> epiosdes and this simply is not an option for filling metadata one
> episode at a time.

I've been fighting with this for a while.  First, you have to make sure
your videos are named according to the rules on the wiki.  Otherwise, the
grabber won't be able to look them up.

Most of my shows in MythVideo have correct metadata.  The ones I'm having
problems with are shows that have ambiguous names that ttvdb.py can't
resolve correctly.  The ttvdb.py grabber looks for a file called
~/.mythtv/ttvdb.conf and you are supposed to be able to put overrides in
there to help ttvdb.py find the correct metadata for your show.  That
doesn't seem to work, at least not for me.   I verified that the script is
reading the file and building the list of overrides but the lookups still
fail.

--
Chris