[mythtv-users] Problem with LiveTV from the EPG

Tim Draper veehexx at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 09:50:18 UTC 2012

>> reinstalled last night, updated mythtv, and that got this (aswell as a
>> number of other) problem sorted.

> Hi Tim
>
> So are you saying if I activate the update repositories in Mythbuntu
> control panel and update I will get a new version that fixes the issue
> of not being able to select a channel from the EPG?
>
> Up to now I have not activated that option, because I am worried about
> getting patches that may break my system. I am just working with the
> original 0.25 that came with Ubuntu. Perhaps it is time to get more
> adventurous.
>
> Peter

thats exactly what im saying - yes :)
as a few other comments in this thread, i tend to hold off the major
releases (0.24 > .25 > .26) for a few weeks with the show stoppers are
fixed.

on the mythtv bug trac there was a fix for the 'channel change in
guide' issue that you reported. i dont seem to be able to find the
exact bug report, but a mythtv update should fix it aswell as a number
of other livetv/recording related issues that the CD release has.

Also, by activating the mythtv repo's in the control-center, it won't
automatically apply updates; you are still required to 'sudo apt-get
upgrade' or run the distros' GUI updater to get mythtv updates
applied.