[mythtv-users] Partial Lock issues with MythTV 0.25

William Kellogg wgkellogg at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 15:45:39 UTC 2012

I apologize if this has been covered before, but I looked through the
last couple of months and did not seem to see my issue.

With MythTV, when trying to change to many of the high-end channels, I
get the message:

(_LAM_) Partial Lock

and video never displays. On channels that work I typically get:

(_LAM) Lock
 or
(_LAMC) Lock

My  setup consists of an HDHomeRune Prime -
Model: HDHR3-CC
Firmware: 20120405

A separate frontend -
Ubuntu 11.10 (64bit)
Mythfrontend version: fixes/0.25

a backend -
Ubuntu Server 12.04 (64bit)
fixes/0.25

Neither of the two Linux system are dedicated Mythbuntu systems, as I
use them for other things as well.

I feel the HDHomeRun Prime is working and configured correctly based
on the logs on the HDHomeRun and because on a separate Windows 7
system, Windows Media Center can access the HDHomeRun and tune all
channels I am subscribed to.
Mythfill database appears to be correct and I get a correct schedule
load and updates. And MythTV features work fine on the channels it
does get a lock on. I have tried changing "Use quick tuning" on Input
connections from Never to Always, with and without rebooting the
backend, and it had no effect.

Any thoughts and suggestions would be most appreciated.