[mythtv-users] Record All rule failing with "Not Listed" ?

Roger Siddons dizygotheca at ntlworld.com
Sun Aug 5 23:37:27 UTC 2012

Some of my Olympic recordings have failed with "Not Listed" and I'm hoping
someone can clarify how the scheduler handles overridden rules.

I'm on 0.25/fixes using UK OTA with an EIT that changes during the day.

I'm using a custom rule to pick up all the Olympic titles that's set to
"Record All/no duplicate match". The rule is also set inactive: obviously
this won't record anything but it does list all the programmes in the
Upcoming Recordings screen. Each day I then flick through these to select
the ones I want and do a "Record Anyway" on them to set up overrides.

I think 3 of these have failed with "Not Listed" because the EIT times
changed; the first may have been because the wife did a Single Record on
it, but I'm pretty sure she didn't touch the others.

This has got me wondering if my strategy is flawed: I believe a Record All
rule should never fail in this way due to timing changes and assumed that
this applied to the overrides as well. I wondering now if the overrides
are implemented as per Single Record rules and thus liable to being "Not
Listed" if the times change. Particularly as the override rules seem to be
automatically deleted after 24 hrs.

There's nothing in my (-v general) logs. Will (-v schedule) logs give me
any useful detail about why these programmes are failing ?

Should I expect more of these failures as the listings change ? We haven't
missed anything critical yet but I might have to 'do a Usain Bolt' if the
wife misses some of the athletic finals ...