[mythtv-users] Record All rule failing with "Not Listed" ?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Aug 6 12:28:10 UTC 2012

On 08/05/2012 07:37 PM, Roger Siddons wrote:
> Some of my Olympic recordings have failed with "Not Listed" and I'm
> hoping someone can clarify how the scheduler handles overridden rules.
>
> I'm on 0.25/fixes using UK OTA with an EIT that changes during the day.
>
> I'm using a custom rule to pick up all the Olympic titles that's set
> to "Record All/no duplicate match". The rule is also set inactive:
> obviously this won't record anything but it does list all the
> programmes in the Upcoming Recordings screen. Each day I then flick
> through these to select the ones I want and do a "Record Anyway" on
> them to set up overrides.
>
> I think 3 of these have failed with "Not Listed" because the EIT times
> changed;

Yes.  That's what "Not Listed" means--you created a rule to record a
specific episode with specific start and end times, but that episode no
longer exists on your listings, so MythTV is telling you to fix your rule.

> the first may have been because the wife did a Single Record on it,
> but I'm pretty sure she didn't touch the others.
>
> This has got me wondering if my strategy is flawed: I believe a Record
> All rule should never fail in this way due to timing changes and
> assumed that this applied to the overrides as well.

The inactive record all rule isn't failing--it's the "this episode"
override rules that are.

> I wondering now if the overrides are implemented as per Single Record
> rules and thus liable to being "Not Listed" if the times change.
> Particularly as the override rules seem to be automatically deleted
> after 24 hrs.

Yep.

> There's nothing in my (-v general) logs. Will (-v schedule) logs give
> me any useful detail about why these programmes are failing ?
>
> Should I expect more of these failures as the listings change ? We
> haven't missed anything critical yet but I might have to 'do a Usain
> Bolt' if the wife misses some of the athletic finals ...

You may be better off activating the record all rule, then using "Don't
record this episode" overrides.  At least that way, if your listings
change times and cause a failure, it will just result in your recording
extra stuff that you could then stop and/or delete the recording when
you notice.

Mike