[mythtv-users] Live TV playback frustration

Saul A. Peebsen jaglover at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 19:01:03 UTC 2012

On Wed, 08 Aug 2012 14:15:53 -0400
Jim Morton <Jim at Morton.hrcoxmail.com> wrote:

> Mostly people that use DVRs for any length of time get away from
> watching live tv. The advantages of recording everything you might
> possibly want to watch and then then picking from what has been
> recorded are many. I don't know of any advantages to watching live tv.

I beg to differ. I've used MythTV since 0.21. I do not have a TV in my
bedroom, the secondary monitor of my PC serves as a TV. And I like
watching old movies on TCM at bedtime. I do not want to record them,
just relax watching.
Plus, when watching live sports I want to see what is happening as it
is happening.

--
Cheers, Saul