[mythtv-users] Wipe MythVideo metadata?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Aug 9 16:36:57 UTC 2012

On 08/08/2012 12:25 PM, Phil Bridges wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 12:23 PM, Raymond Wagner<raymond at wagnerrp.com>  wrote:
>> On 8/8/2012 12:16, Phil Bridges wrote:
>>> As a side note, I do myth-setup over VNC.  I noticed that now (all of
>>> a sudden) when I drill down through menus, I can't use my keyboard to
>>> select.  For instance, on the opening mythtv-setup screen, I can use
>>> my cursor  keys to select "Storage Groups", and I use "Enter" to
>>> select.  When I get to the Storage Groups page, though, I can no
>>> longer use my keyboard.  My mouse works for selection, but I can't
>>> directly type in the box to enter my storage group directory (I added
>>> the directory through mysql).
>>
>> Something funky with your VNC server? Keyboard and mouse work just fine here
>> using Xming. I don't have a real Linux machine currently handy to test with.
>>
> I wouldn't think so, but weirder things have happened.  It's odd that
> I can use the keyboard on the first screen, but not afterwards.

Most likely you're using a broken-for-your-use-case (VNC) UI painter.
You should set UI Painter in Appearance settings to Auto, unless you
have a broken OpenGL driver/driver installation, in which case it should
be set to Qt.  If you're using OpenGL painter, now, try using Qt with
VNC.  If you're using Qt painter, now, try OpenGL.  If you're using
Auto, check the logs to see which it's choosing when you use VNC and try
the other.

Mike