[mythtv-users] Exporting for iPad

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Fri Aug 10 02:17:15 UTC 2012

On 10 August 2012 05:29, Matt Wynne <matt at mattwynne.net> wrote:

> On 9 Aug 2012, at 02:17, Kingsley Turner wrote:
>
> > On 08/08/12 21:13, Matt Wynne wrote:
> >> We're going away on holiday and I'd like to put a few of the kids'
> favourites on the iPad.
> >
> > It's a bit OT, but I simply choose the "IPad" option on Handbrake - it
> makes a beautiful transcode.  But a bit less myth-centric
> >
> > Very OT:  My father-in-law calls Handbrake "The Pineapple"
>
> I had a crack with the pineapple, and it gave me some good pointers for
> settings and codecs to use with my avconv script. I could have figured out
> how to script handbrake but I almost had my avconv script working by that
> point.
>
> It looks like mythexport with RSS will be the best solution ultimately,
> but I ran out of time faffing about trying to work out why myexport wasn't
> doing anything.
>
> In case anyone's interested, here's what's got me an iPad full of cartoons
> for the flight tomorrow:
>
> #!/usr/bin/env ruby
> details = `echo "select title, subtitle, basename from recorded where
> title in ('Postman Pat', 'Octonauts', 'Raa Raa the Noisy Lion', 'Mr Men')"
> | mysql -u root mythconverg`
> count = 1
> files = details.split("\n")[2..-1].map { |line| line.split("\t") }
> files.each do |show, title, file|
>   source_file = "/home/mythtv/recordings/#{file}"
>   output_file = File.join("~", "Dropbox", "Kids TV", "#{show} -
> #{title}.mp4")
>   next unless File.exists?(source_file)
>   puts "Processing #{show} - #{title} (#{count} / #{files.length})"
>   cmd = [
>     'avconv',
>     "-i #{source_file}",
>     '-c:v libx264',
>     '-c:a libfaac',
>     output_file.gsub(/ /,'\ ')
>   ].join(' ')
>   system(cmd)
>   count += 1
> end
>
> Thanks for the tips everyone.
>
> cheers,
> Matt

My handbrake userjob looks like this

/usr/bin/HandBrakeCLI -i "%DIR%"/"%FILE%" -o
/storage/recordings/"%FILE%".mp4 --preset="iPhone & iPod Touch"

I chose the above preset as I'm running an older Handbrake version and this
works fine on both iphone4 and ipad2

I initially set this up for mythiphone but never bothered updating %FILE%
to be %TITLE% - %SUBTITLE% or whatever the correct variables are....

Cheers,

Anthony