[mythtv-users] Ku-Band Working in MythTV, C-Band fails.

Fri Aug 10 08:35:49 UTC 2012

I have this really weird problem - I have a TBS6984 card (quad port
DVB-S2 tuner).   I have C-Band and KU Band inputs - all of which I can
tune (in the Mythtv setup) - however despite everything I have tried I
can't get the C-Band inputs to work.

I believe this problem occurred when I upgraded from MythTV 0.24 to
0.25.  I'm currently running v0.25.2-15-g46cab93 - and did a clean
install of MythBuntu 12.04.  I am using the latest drivers from the
TBS website. (Also, when I tried 0.26 a few weeks ago, it exhibited
the same problem, although I had not managed to define it as precisely).

I have definately set up the cards to use the C-Band LNB settings (and
I'm pretty sure this must be correct otherwise tuning would not find
any channels ?)

I am able to tune in to C-Band transmissions using szap2 (and
mplayer), and the problem occurs regardless of which of the 4 inputs I
am using.  (The problem persists when I reverse the C and KU Band
inputs, and each input is from a seperate dish and LNB),

When I try and change to a C-Band input I get a blank screen [ and I
need to kill the mythfrontend.real process ], and the backend logs the
following:

Aug  4 16:49:32 mythbox mythbackend[2455]: E TVRecEvent
tv_rec.cpp:3642 (TuningFrequency) TVRec(9): Failed to set channel to
301. Reverting to kState_None
Aug  4 16:49:32 mythbox mythbackend[2455]: I TVRecEvent
tv_rec.cpp:1014 (HandleStateChange) TVRec(9): Changing from
WatchingLiveTV to None

If I use ONLY a C-Band input, MythTV flashes a black screen for a
split second and then returns to the menu screen.

Anyone seen this before or know what I can try to fix the problem ?

Thanks,
Ben