[mythtv-users] Power off from remote

Joel Ebel mythtv at ebel.mybox.org
Fri Aug 10 17:26:10 UTC 2012

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 12:13 PM, R. G. Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org> wrote:
> You are partway there. This has been discussed before. You will need a key
> on your remote to dedicate for this. You can use the same key to toggle the
> frontend on and off. The scripts are given in this thread:
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/488979?search_string=newbury%20remote%20irexec;#488979

I understand how I would make irexec work, should that be the correct
solution.  I was just hoping there was a keybinding I could use to
make mythtv do this without having to run a separate process.  Since
there doesn't appear to be one, I think I'll experiment with a system
event handler for a keypress event before I go the irexec route,
unless someone is aware of a reason this is not the best solution.

Joel