[mythtv-users] A plea for some consideration for the poor suffering MythTV users

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Aug 12 12:45:27 UTC 2012

On 08/12/2012 07:20 AM, Nick Rout wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 10:43 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> IMHO, distro choice for a MythTV system should be made according to the old
>> adage:  "Use the right tool for the job."  I have a list of the 3
>> worst-possible choices of distro for use with MythTV, but unfortunately it
>> seems a lot of users like to use 2 of them.
> At the risk of a flame war, would you like to share that list, with reasons?

That risk (or, near certainty, as the case may be) is exactly why I
didn't share the list of the bottom 3 distros.  I'm guessing that
sharing it will cause more problems than benefit, since someone who has
already decided to use one of those 3 will almost always find a way to
rationalize the decision/call me wrong/decide that they are a special
case or <distro> expert for whom the normal rules don't apply/...

Mike