[mythtv-users] HDHR fails

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Sun Aug 12 17:46:48 UTC 2012

On 2012-08-12 5:03 AM, Adrian Saul wrote:

> In my experience not all GigE switches are equal.

Absolutely. This is why I asked. It's helpful to have everyone else on the list know X brand might be problematic.

Personally, I'm using (3) D-Link DGS-1216T Managed GigE switches's. There's one in the house (where the cablemodem/fw/HDHR sit) that's connected via multi-mode fiber to my shop/office (converted 2floor garage) where the other 2 sit with all my hardware.

I use PRTG (eventually MRTG) to monitor their BW counters... but so far... they've worked well.

So if anyone else is wondering.

  -Ben