[mythtv-users] MythBuntu 11.10 on ESXi

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Mon Aug 13 15:29:04 UTC 2012

>> The reason I don't do that is because ESXi5 has a limit of 32GB of RAM and 1 physical CPU

I thought this as well, until recently I installed it on a HP Xeon E5420 Dual Quad and both CPUs show as licensed with a total of 8 cores. I'm only up to 16GB on the memory though.

Product: VMware vSphere 5 Hypervisor Licensed for 2 physical CPUs (unlimited cores per CPU)
License Key: xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx
Expires: Never

Product Features:
Up to 32 GB of memory
Up to 8-way virtual SMP