[mythtv-users] [mythtv] HDHR Prime with CC in ATSC tuning mode possible?

James Purl convbox at jamespurl.com
Mon Aug 13 19:18:52 UTC 2012

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 10:59 AM, Brendan Fosberry <
brendan.fosberry at gmail.com> wrote:

> Try /mythtv/libs/libmythhdhomerun
>
> Line 587 of hdhomerun_device.c. I tried spoofing the vstatus cci/cgms
> flags to assume its ok to record. Encryption will still protect content
> regardless of how you set these flags. I would stick in some debugging
> lines and recompile in a virtualbox vm (good old homerun! no hardware!). I
> ended up having to write functions to pass vstatus back up the chain but
> had no luck. I was trying to solve a different problem though lol.
>

> Thanks, Brendan. I will look there next.  I also saw some stuff in the
dtvsignalmonitor.cpp ("PMT says program %1 is encrypted"), not sure if that
is the chain to follow as well/instead. Note: I am hard-coding, via
hdhrstreamhandler.cpp, my HDHR's to use the ATSC tuner as I was getting
Unknown tuner type 0x2000 by just modding the channel setup in the DB.

And to Ben--sorry for the confusion, I meant to say I'm trying to use the
Prime in CableCard mode but using Myth's ATSC tuner (channel 92-5804)
instead of the OCUR tuner (vchannel 727) (and ignoring any "PMT encrypted"
flags). I know the Prime works to decrypt cable if outfitted with a
properly activated CC, even without a channel list. I've been watching a
few non-clear-QAM channels using hdhomerun_config_gui and VLC.