[mythtv-users] MythBuntu 11.10 on ESXi

Jim Oltman jim.oltman at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 21:39:37 UTC 2012

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 4:35 PM, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com>wrote:

> On 8/13/2012 17:26, Phill Edwards wrote:
>
>> I have read some posts about UDP traffic potentially flooding the
>> switch if the Homerun is plugged into the switch rather than the
>> Mythbackend itself. As it's a VM it's not really possible to plug
>> it into a NIC dedicated to the Mythbackend VM so how are you dealing
>> with that issue?
>>

> Can't say I've ever heard of such issues.  Perhaps the person using it was
> using all 10/100 gear, and thus much closer to the collision limit?

I have an HP ProCurve 1800-24G switch.  The ESXi host is plugged into it
for now.  I've thought about link aggregating it's NICs, but haven't done
it yet.  The HDHR is also in the gig switch.  So far, it's been working
perfectly.  No issues to report (except the obvious Leap Second Bug).
 Before the leap second, it was working great.