[mythtv-users] Airplay alternative?

Staffan Pettersson staffan.pettersson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 20:06:41 UTC 2012

Michelle: Isn´t shareport only a server/receiver for airplay? That
part is working well in mythtv (if you have the RAOP key file) I dont
own an IOS device, just lend one to test.

Miracast looks like the ultimate solution but i bet it is a couple of
years until it is fully functional on linux. Isńt it rather strange
that no other than Apple has this function in place? Could it be all
the patent wars?

My next option is to focus only on sending audio and use pulseaudio
all the way but i am a little bit scared to mess with my frontends
audio setup. My personal thought is that audio in linux is the worst
thing ever! I have used mythtv and linux almost 10 years now and i
still dont understand alsa configurations with asoundrc files etc.

Will mythtv work OK nowdays with pulseaudio?