[mythtv-users] imon remote changes

Phil Wild phil at holobyte.com.au
Wed Aug 15 14:56:43 UTC 2012

Thanks for responding. Could not test last night due to kids...

See comments inline

> > I am having issues with my imon remote configuration after upgrading
> > to ubuntu 12.04 LTS
> > Actually to clarify... Not an upgrade but a complete new install of my frontend.
> >
> > I am running a Zotac ION board and have an Antec MicroFusion 350 case
> > with inbuilt LCD and IR receiver.
> >
> > lsusb shows:
> >
> >      15c2:0038 SoundGraph Inc. GD01 MX LCD Display/IR Receiver
> >
> > I have read through the docs re changes required and have tried to
> > follow instruction. Have spent all night googling as well.
> >
> > I am running a Harmony One remote with the profile set as an MCE USB remote.
> >
> > My /etc/lirc/hardware.conf file is configured as follows:
> >
> > #Chosen Remote Control
> > REMOTE="Linux input layer (/dev/input/eventX)"
> > REMOTE_MODULES=""
> > REMOTE_DRIVER="devinput"
> This is dev/input in my setup as i remember
> > REMOTE_DEVICE="/dev/input/by-id/usb-15c2_0038-event-if00"
> Does this device exist?

Yep
root at echo:~# ls -l /dev/input/by-id/usb-15c2_0038-event-if00
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 9 Aug 13 19:44
/dev/input/by-id/usb-15c2_0038-event-if00 -> ../event5

> > REMOTE_SOCKET=""
> > REMOTE_LIRCD_CONF="devinput/lircd.conf.devinput"
> > REMOTE_LIRCD_ARGS=""
> >
> > #Chosen IR Transmitter
> > TRANSMITTER="None"
> > TRANSMITTER_MODULES=""
> > TRANSMITTER_DRIVER=""
> > TRANSMITTER_DEVICE=""
> > TRANSMITTER_SOCKET=""
> > TRANSMITTER_LIRCD_CONF=""
> > TRANSMITTER_LIRCD_ARGS=""
> > START_LIRCD="true"
> > LOAD_MODULES="false"
> This should be true so the kernel modules get loaded
One webpage said I should change to false. Have changed it back to
true. Still no joy :(

> > LIRCMD_CONF=""
> > FORCE_NONINTERACTIVE_RECONFIGURATION="false"
> > START_LIRCMD=""
> >
> > My /etc/lircd.conf file contains
> >
> > #Configuration for the Linux input layer (/dev/input/eventX) remote:
> > include
> >
> And do you have the propper key hex codes for your remote in this file?
>"/usr/share/lirc/remotes/devinput/lircd.conf.devinput

I tried replacing it with the file
/usr/share/lirc/remotes/imon/lircd.conf.imon-mceusb

Still not working.

Any further suggestions?

Many thanks

Phil