[mythtv-users] mythupchuk -- another script for maintaining UK channels

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Wed Aug 15 17:29:10 UTC 2012

On 15/08/12 18:18, Chris Dennis wrote:
> Hello MythTV people
>
> I've put together a script which makes it easy to maintain a list of channel
> names, numbers, visibility flags etc., and keep it in sync with the MythTV
> database.
>
> I've put the script on GitHub at https://github.com/StarsoftAnalysis/mythupchuk
> and added a note to the wiki page at
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/UK_Channel_Assignments
>
> I hope people find it useful -- please let me know if you do (or don't).

Note. A significant number of Freeview channels will be renumbered during
September into a new grouping scheme. (Yet another scan!) I believe this is a
cross-country move. You'll need to update your script to cater for that.

Caveat: I'm not sure that every transmitter is being updated at the same time.

--

Mike Perkins