[mythtv-users] Prime w/ CC + HDHR QAM adding channels

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Wed Aug 15 21:30:44 UTC 2012

I have both a Prime running with cable card and a standard HDHR.  I have
some flaky reception with my antenna, so I want to run the HDHR in QAM.
 However, I really don't want to go through the manual channel
identification process if I can avoid it.

Obviously, my channel tables doen't list the actual cable channel and
multiplex for each channel on my Prime (wouldn't work with SDV), but I
hoped that the information was there somewhere.

Essentially, I would love to be able to scan for channels in mythtv-setup,
and run a script to compare those channels with the ones it knows from the
prime and extract the corresponding xmlid and channel number.

I notice that I can tune a channel on the prime, and see the corresponding
channel/multiplex by looking in hdhomerun config gui.  So I suspect that I
could, in theory, write a script that tunes every channel on my prime and
records the corresponding qam channel/multiplex... then compare them back
with the scan I did with my HDHR?

Has anyone already done something like this?