[mythtv-users] Disk space for frontend-only machine

stinga stinga at wolf-rock.com
Thu Aug 16 08:49:21 UTC 2012

On 16/08/12 07:48, Nick Rout wrote:
> I agree. There are netboot methods covered in this thread, but if you
> don't want that, it's actually quite hard to find a 20 or 40G hard
> drive to use as a system disk these days. SSDs come in smaller sizes
> and are a good use case for a frontend (silent, fast to boot), but can
> also be more expensive.

ccl or bigpockets had small disks going for £8 pounds the other day, I
think 3GB is the minimum so all my 1 and 2 GB are useless :-(.

I just built another FE with a £50 pc from bigpockets (I think) came
with a 40GB HD. :-)

--
'ooroo

stinga...(:)-)
Email: stinga at wolf-rock.com         o
You need only two tools.        o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
doesn't move and it should use>   (O)  X<   ~  Fish!!
the hammer. If it moves and      `\___/'  \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\