[mythtv-users] help moving recordings to video

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Fri Aug 17 14:16:20 UTC 2012

> Hey,
>
> The length of our Recordings list has surpassed are ability to filter out
> what is "worth watching". My thought was therefore to move all recorded
> movies to Videos.
>
> This would also provide more info to review the unwatched movies.
>
> I have therefore attempted to use mythvidexport.py
>
> Currently running .24+fixes and have other jobs that work just fine.
>
> All I did was:
>
> 1) Placed the file in /usr/bin providing needed permissions
>
> 2) Created a job /usr/bin/mythvidexport.py %JOBID%
>
> The only thing that happens is the job is added to the job queue… and then
> the job just sits there.
>
> Am I missing something?

How are your processing rules set.  If you defined times when jobs are
allowed to run, or restricted the system to running just 1 job, then you
may have to wait for the job's turn to run.

As far as I know, there is no "run this job now" option, you submit a job
and it gets added to the queue just like any other.