[mythtv-users] Cheap USB IR receivers on ebay

Kenni Lund kenni at kelu.dk
Sat Aug 18 08:54:52 UTC 2012

> Has anyone tried some of the cheap ir receivers on ebay such as:
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/271000300944

I haven't tried that one, but I always use the HP-branded ir receivers
from eBay. They're quite a bit larger, but they are fully LIRC and MCE
compatible. They use the default mceusb driver in a recent Linux
kernel (I think it's 2.6.35+), so no additional drivers are needed. In
Mythbuntu you just plug it in, select the MCE receiver option and
you're done.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-HP-Wireless-MCE-USB-Infrared-Receiver-VISTA-MCE2005-/350520576726?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item519ca78ad6
http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-HP-MCE-KIT-REMOTE-CONTROL-USB-IR-RECEIVER-EMITTER-/270709728089?pt=US_Remote_Controls_Pointers&hash=item3f078ea359

Best regards