[mythtv-users] mythtv features question

Tom Poe tompoe at meltel.net
Sat Aug 18 15:31:47 UTC 2012

On 08/17/2012 11:38 PM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On 8/18/2012 00:36, Tom Poe wrote:
>> My computer utilizes an HDTV as a monitor.  I'd like to have the tv
>> channels available as an insert while working on the PC channel.  Does
>> mythtv have a feature that allows that to happen?
>
> Are you asking if MythTV can be run at smaller than full screen?

I think so.  I presently change channels with a remote.  One of the
channels is my pc.  When I'm on the pc channel, I'd like to have a small
screen in the upper left or right corner that displays one of the other
channels on the tv.

Recently, I purchased a Philips HDTV.  It has connections for other
devices, such as a VCR, PC.  I connected my computer, and now can switch
channels that I receive with a tv antenna.  When I'm on a tv channel,
and want to bring up my computer, I switch to the PC channel.  Seems
like I could use mythtv to have my PC display as the major, and access
the tv channels as small screen in one of the upper corners.  My feeble
brain can't process the idea without advice.  Any suggestions are
greatly appreciated.  :)
Tom