[mythtv-users] Video Metadata

Michael Watson michael at thewatsonfamily.id.au
Sun Aug 19 02:50:49 UTC 2012

On 19/08/2012 10:37 AM, Chris Gentle wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 7:01 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com
> <mailto:nick.rout at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     I am out of ideas then.
>

> Yep, me too.  I have a hard time believing I'm the only one seeing this.
>
> --
> Chris
Caveat:  I have not been following this thread very closely.

Are you doing the scans for new video's on the backend that owns the
"Storage Group" or another machine?

Reason I ask this is, I have all storage on the master backend, as well
as all the storage groups, the FE, mount the directory structure via
NFS.  If I perform a scan for new videos on the MBE, all the videos are
marked as "owned" by the MBE (host column in videometadata table), and
metadata populates properly.  If I then run a scan on a remote FE, all
the videos are updated as being "owned" by the remote frontend, and
metadata does not populate very well.

Aug 19 12:35:49 mythone mythfrontend[9847]: E VideoScanner
videoscan.cpp:325 (updateDB) Hash fc781154379cb33f already exists in the
database, updating record 6277 with new filename Disney's Christmas
Favourites - 2005.avi