[mythtv-users] New Mac OS X Build Process--MacPorts

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Wed Aug 22 01:33:32 UTC 2012

At 5:58 PM -0700 8/21/12, Yeechang Lee wrote:
>Craig Treleaven <ctreleaven at cogeco.ca> says:
>>  MacPorts provides pre-compiled binaries, for common combinations (64
>>  bit Lion and Snow Leopard), so the savings would be very minimal.
>
>I am unsure why some MacPorts packages download as binaries and some
>(like mythtv-core) as source. I presume the pre-compiled binaries
>aren't ready yet.

Sorry.  Actually, it turns out to be a licensing issue.  I've
included libsdl which, through a convoluted dependency chain,
includes openssl.  MacPorts interprets the OpenSSL license to
preclude providing pre-compiled binaries.  I'm going to look into
excluding libsdl (or at least making it an optional variant).  I
*think* that's the only problem license...

Craig