[mythtv-users] Live TV playback frustration

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Aug 23 00:31:42 UTC 2012

Oh, and though I hate Live TV (for me) and I'm encouraging people to not
use Live TV, it's not because I care whether anyone uses Live TV or
not.  I'm encouraging people to explore other ways of using MythTV
simply because I'm agreeing that there are a /lot/ of problems with Live
TV in MythTV.  Therefore, if you're not going to step up and fix Live
TV, your best bet is probably to not use Live TV.

So, your choices, as I see them:

a) Don't use Live TV and never be affected by the Live TV issues, nor
have to worry if someone will ever fix them.
b) Use Live TV and debug the issues and write patches and see them
through the process to inclusion so that Live TV becomes better for
everyone.
c) Use Live TV and put up with the issues.

Mike