[mythtv-users] Remote frontend connection fail

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 05:17:04 UTC 2012

On 08/22/2012 07:02 PM, Joey Morris wrote:
> "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote on Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 07:53:10PM -0400:
>> On 08/22/2012 07:16 PM, Tom corcoran wrote:

>>> I have a Mythbuntu 12.x setup with a remote frontend with same
>>> version both running Mythtv.25, the problem I am having is that on
>>> bootup of the frontend it fails to connect to the backend the
>>> first time and proceeds on to the setup screen promoting for
>>> country, language etc.  This only ever happens when the frontend
>>> is booted up first as once I accept all and save all the existing
>>> values in the frontend config it connects to the backend fine over
>>> a cabled connection.
>> Check all your config.xml and mysql.txt files everywhere on the
>> system.  I'm guessing one of them is broken (perhaps empty).
>
> This happens to me, too, but on a wireless connection. I've assumed
> the problem is that mythfrontend is started before the wireless
> connection is established.

Tom/Joey;

Check the values of WOLsqlReconnectWaitTime and WOLsqlConnectRetry in
mysql.txt. I can duplicate this problem by setting the reconnect time
to 0. If one or both are 0, try 60 seconds and 5 retries to see if it
helps. You can lower them later based on how long your systems take
to come up (don't forget to allow for the occasional fsck.)

--
Bill