[mythtv-users] Live TV playback frustration

Myth Steve stevemyth at priorityelectronics.com
Thu Aug 23 20:44:17 UTC 2012

On 08/23/2012 01:11 PM, Ian Wilkinson wrote:
> On 23/08/2012 21:07, Myth Steve wrote:

>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> So no wife compatible option from the menu then?
>>>
>>> Ian.
>>>
>> You could setup a user job using a script for this. The wife could
>> initiate the userjob using the remote.
>>

> I've not used jobs before (other than the normal transcode, ad-detect),
> so am I correct in saying this job can be setup and the individual
> recordings can be selected to run the job upon and then they move overnight?
>
> Can you name the user job so that it's obvious what it does?
>
> Ian

Please see: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Jobs

Basically you log into mythweb or go into the mythbackend setup and
setup a script to run. You can use the script here:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythvidexport.py

Hopefully someone here can chime in with a more precise script for you
to put in there.

Then, when in mythfrontend, you press your menu key on your remote and
click to run user job 1 (just like you'd click to delete, etc). You can
even rename the user jobs so that instead of it saying userjob 1, it
would say "Move This to Video Gallery" or something similar.

The hard part is getting the right script setup. I think it'd be a huge
improvement in mythtv if future versions could make this type of feature
native to the program. But for now we use userjobs and scripting to make
this happen.

--

Sincerely,

Steve Peters