[mythtv-users] Guide Genre Colours/Labels

Joey Morris rjmorris at nc.rr.com
Fri Aug 24 12:34:27 UTC 2012

"Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote on Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 06:31:48AM -0400:
> On 08/24/2012 04:44 AM, Stephen Robertson wrote:
> >Is there anyway other than using a different theme/editing a theme to
> >remove the genre category colours and labels?
> >
> >Two reasons:
> >
> >First is just my personal taste, I find it makes the program guide
> >harder to read, and
> >Secondly my guide data (UK EIT) doesn't seem to provide good enough
> >information (e.g. One example that made me laugh was an NCIS episode
> >whom he owes a favour, and upon his arrival he discovers two men shot
> >dead and is soon on the trail of one of NCIS's most wanted."  is
> >categorised as "Music/Ballet/Dance"
> >

> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythUI_Theme_Development#The_guidegrid_widget
> (see showcategorycolors)

Is there a way to specify a theme setting globally so that it
overrides the setting in the current theme, whichever theme that
happens to be? Like the OP, I want to set showcategorycolors to "no"
regardless of the theme. Another example is wrapstyle for buttonlists.
I consider wrapstyle more of a "behavior" setting than an "appearance"
setting, and I generally don't want behavior settings to change from
theme to theme.