[mythtv-users] HDMI audio to TV - only 2-channel PCM available

Jean-Yves Avenard jean-yves at avenard.org
Sat Aug 25 09:45:06 UTC 2012

On 25 August 2012 05:07, Phil Bridges <gravityhammer at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have had to set up my Zotac Ion disk less frontend again. I have the
> 295.71 nVidia drivers.
>
> I have an LG LCD connected via HDMI. For some reason, the video card is now
> only reporting 2.0 PCM available. As a result, the videos I have with only
> DTS-HD audio are silent. I was able to play these on my previous install.
> Any suggestions on where to look to fix this?

A TV will typically only support PCM 2.0... It's perfectly normal that
is all myth is showing.

DTS-HD will usually contain a DTS-Core stream that myth/ffmpeg can
decode. There are no open-source DTS-HD decoder. So unless you can do
passthrough, you will get at best DTS Core 5.1

You shouldn't hear silence, unless it's a DTS-HD only stream, in which
case, at this stage, there's nothing you can do