[mythtv-users] No VAAPI profile in 0.25-fixes

Igor Cicimov icicimov at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 01:11:34 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I've VAAPI libraries installed (Splitted Desktop ones) and vainfo shows the
following:

libva: libva version 0.32.0
libva: User requested driver 'xvba'
libva: Trying to open /usr/lib/va/drivers/xvba_drv_video.so
libva: va_openDriver() returns 0
vainfo: VA API version: 0.32
vainfo: Driver version: Splitted-Desktop Systems XvBA backend for VA-API -
0.8.0
vainfo: Supported profile and entrypoints
      VAProfileH264High                :    VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileVC1Advanced         :    VAEntrypointVLD

still when trying to create VAAPI playback profile I don't get the "VAAPI
acceleration" decoder option. This is combined Mythbuntu 10.04 BE/FE with
Radeon HD6570 and OpenGL painter. I have this working great on remote FE
with Radeon HD6410 and OpenGL and same drivers from Splitted Desktop. The
only difference is that this one is Mythfrontend on Ubuntu 12.04.

Any reason why would MythTV not recognize/show vaapi options? Any
troubleshooting pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Igor