[mythtv-users] Volume is reduced during commercials

Monkey Pet monkeypet at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 17:52:17 UTC 2012

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 5:57 AM, Dave Badia <dbadia at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Aug 20, 2012 1:37 AM, "Monkey Pet" <monkeypet at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 4:29 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:

> about
> LiveTV
> myth
> >>
> >> Fantastic, if you find the cause of this please let us know how it
> >> works so the rest of us can have this feature! (Then again, why are
> >> you watching ads?)
> >

> > Upcovert is not checked.  Audio Output device:
> ALSA:plughw:CARD=Intel,DEV=1, Dolby Digital, DTS is checked.  HBR
> passthrough support is checked.  Pulsaudio has been disabled.  This is
> unbuntu 12.04 running on an intel mac mini (1st gen).
> >
> > Unfortunately, the low volume remains even after the commercials during
> the real show (otherwise, i wouldn't be complaining).

> Does this happen with just a specific show or a specfic channel?

I have noticed it on Nickelodeon (device HDHR Prime w/ cablecard) when my
kids are watching Saturday morning cartoons.  When I have time, I'll try to
root cause it using the link you provided below.

However, I think if Watch Live TV and tune to Nickelodeon for a few hours,
you should be able to reproduce it.