[mythtv-users] LIRC PVR250 and 10.4 -> 12.4 upgrade

Igor Cicimov icicimov at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 03:13:27 UTC 2012

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 12:47 PM, Kenneth Emerson <kenneth.emerson at gmail.com
> wrote:

> > REMOTE_LIRCD_CONF="" should be pointing to your remote settings file for
>> your remote, you know one that has "begin remote" and "end remote" lines
>> inside and all the hex codes mapped to keys inbetween. Also you need to
>> have lircd autostart set to yes its couple of lines bellow not shown in
>> your print.
>>  Once you have your hauppauge remote working use it to train your harmony
>> remote. Thats what i did with my harmony 700.
>>

>> Thanks for the pointer, but that didn't help.  At this point, I'm just
> trying to find the connections between the devinput driver and lirc so that
> I can see something come out of irw.  I should also mention that I do not
> have a device "/dev/lirc0" which I thought was necessary for the magic to
> work.
>
> -- Ken E.

Does the device "/dev/input/event11" exist? Do you see anything with:
$ cat /dev/input/event11
when pressing remote buttons? You should see some gibberish if it is
working. If not then your driver is not getting loaded which for your
remote should be "ir-kbd-i2c". So check with:
$ lsmod | grep ^ir
if the module is loaded.

Also this thread might help too:
The guy had same problem as you after upgrade to 12.04.