[mythtv-users] 0.25 DVD playback

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Mon Aug 27 05:07:49 UTC 2012

On 26 August 2012 22:33, Anthony Giggins <seven at seven.dorksville.net> wrote:

> On 25 August 2012 13:05, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>
>> On 08/24/2012 10:50 PM, Anthony Giggins wrote:
>>
>>> I haven't played DVD's since 0.23 and I no longer have the Play DVD menu
>>> item under Optical Disks which is still mentioned in the wiki (is this
>>> still correct?)
>>>
>>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/**User_Manual:Daily_Use#Playing_**DVDs<http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Manual:Daily_Use#Playing_DVDs>
>>>
>>> I have monitor Drives enabled and my drive is working and I can see the
>>> DVD mounted under
>>>
>>> /dev/sr0              4.1G  4.1G     0 100% /media/dvd
>>>
>>> aswell as
>>>
>>> UDF-fs: Partition marked readonly; forcing readonly mount
>>> UDF-fs INFO UDF: Mounting volume 'TOP_GEAR_POLAR_SPECIAL', timestamp
>>> 2008/01/29 23:50 (1258)
>>>
>>> I am ignoring some devices namely /dev/sdf,/dev/sdg,/dev/sdh (Card
>>> Reader devices)
>>>
>>> is this a problem with my theme mythbuntu 25.20 (only updated a few days
>>> ago or something else)
>>>

>> Do you have udisks installed and udisksd (and dbus) running properly?
>>  (Just a guess, btw--not sure it's required, but I have a suspicion it may
>> be related.)
>>
>> Mike
>>

> Nope as far as I can see no udisks or udisksd installed nor can I see a
> package to install for this on mythdora, as mentioned this was working till
> I last transplaneted this machine into one with no IDE and therefore my old
> IDE dvd drive was useless so I finally pony'd up for a blueray burner.

Hmmmmm Looks like the Play DVD menu item is missing from
/usr/share/mythtv/themes/defaultmenu/optical_menu.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<mythmenu name="OPTICAL_DISK">

    <button>
        <type>DISC_PLAY</type>
        <text>Play Optical Disc</text>
        <description>Play a film on Blu-ray or DVD</description>
        <action>JUMP Play Disc</action>
    </button>

    <button>
        <type>ARCHIVE</type>
        <text>Archive Files</text>
        <description>Write video to a data DVD</description>
        <action>PLUGIN mytharchive</action>
        <depends>mytharchive</depends>
    </button>

    <button>
        <type>MUSIC_RIP</type>
        <text>Import CD</text>
        <description>Import music from an audio CD</description>
        <action>JUMP Rip CD</action>
        <depends>mythmusic</depends>
    </button>

    <button>
        <type>EJECT</type>
        <text>Eject media</text>
        <description>Eject Disc from drive</description>
        <action>EJECT</action>
    </button>

</mythmenu>

However it does exist in /home/mythtv/.mythtv/optical_menu.xml

is there any reason why this wouldn't be picked up from here?