[mythtv-users] "JudderFree" and DVDs?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Mon Aug 27 13:00:35 UTC 2012

On 12-08-27 08:54 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:

> But does mplayer plays the dvd you are trying to watch and play at 24fps ?
> mplayer doesn't adjust the refresh rate of the screen like myth does.
> so I don't see how you could compare the two

Well, of course, mplayer has to play at the refresh rate of the
computer.  The point of the mplayer reference was just that the stream
on the DVD is in fact 24fps progressive, not 29.97/60i (as you claimed
it was) and that mplayer has no problem with accessing that 24fps
progressive content.

Now the fact that myth can/will in fact adjust the refresh rate of the
screen to 24fps is all the more reason that myth should be using the
24fps progressive stream natively and not the 3:2 pull-down NTSC
conversion of it.

Cheers,
b.