[mythtv-users] Netbook as low-power combined back-end / front-end?

rsh1k roland.sh1000 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 19:05:04 UTC 2012

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 1:30 PM, Simon Hobson <linux at thehobsons.co.uk> wrote:
> rsh1k wrote:
>> Plus, it opens up new charging opportunities -
>> solar, wind, etc - things that with an up-front investment could lower
>> the annual operating costs even more.     Hmm......
>

> Why do I have visions of the cash registers going wild !

Yep, that's a very real concern!

With my current electric bill, I have a modest budget at hand if
averaged out over a few years.  But if the payoff period is too long,
then it wouldn't be worth the effort to build something exotic.   And
there is a curve to it - where it becomes more and more expensive to
save increasingly smaller amounts of power, and the additional return
for the investment lessens.

... which brings me back to Netbooks and the combined frontend /
backend setup.   :-)

- rsh1k