[mythtv-users] HTTP Live Streaming over SSH

Chris Lewis chrislewis915 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 19:28:55 UTC 2012

> Karl,
>
> Thanks for the info.  Will give this a shot and update add a wiki
> accordingly.
>
> Dan
>
> --
> My Google Profile <http://www.google.com/profiles/dmfrey>
>

> " ______________________________________________

Firstly apollogies for the top posts, i was replying from an android tablet
using the gmail app and it seems it is not possible to make it bottom post.

And also the diversion wasnt that OT in that it did give me some other
ideas as to remote access to my backend.

Anyway, using the Myth TV Go app and watching the bandwidth monitor
(nethogs) via ssh on the backend it seem that the 'High' quality option the
bandwidth peaks at about ~400KB/sec.

This gives me a perfectly watchable stream on the 9.7" screen of my tablet.

As an added bonus i have discovered that i can record 2 HD streams, replay
one on the combined BE/FE, commflag  one of the ongoing recordings and HLS
stream a HD recording to my tablet all without the combined BE/FE breaking
a sweat :)

I'll be away from home this weekend so tonights job is to get the public
key stuff sorted for SSH and open it up to the world!  I'll report back
next week when i have tried it out properly!

Chris