[mythtv-users] Program Guide gone wacky...

Mark Frost mfrost at wonky.com
Wed Aug 29 07:41:41 UTC 2012

I've recently set up a Mythbuntu box and it has been working ok. I am
using it to make sense of DBV-T at my home here in the UK. I pointed it
to one transmitter and got a relatively small set of channels made up
of BBC/ITV/C4/5 ands their HD channels. I then swung the antenna in the
opposite direction to get another transmitter and got a lot more
channels. Sadly, when I rescanned at the second source, though I got
a lot more channels, (some of which i might actually watch) I lost
all the HD channels even though the new transmitter broadcasts those
channels. But the biggest problem is that the program guide is
scuppered -- the content does not match the channels in most cases.
There's ITV content assigned to BBC channels and other similar
problems. Fortunately, the recorder still manages to get the right
content but all the HD sources have vanished for some reason. Seems as
if the grabber has gone haywire and cannot flush out old data.

So, how can I get the HD channels back, and how can I get the EPG to
function as it did when I first set it up?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Mark