[mythtv-users] deinterlacing 1080i content on 720 display

William Powers wepprop at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 12:35:05 UTC 2012

On Aug 29, 2012, at 1:56 AM, GZ <gzornetzer.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can any
> users out there with 720 sets recommend if it's worth it to get the GT 430, 440, or even the 640 to get advanced 2x deinterlacing?  Or will
> something like 2x temporal be enough with a 720 display? There's
> something to be said for the lower power consumption of the GT 520.
> Thoughts?

I have a 55" 1080p capable TV and a GT 430 that I have tested and could use with it but I am using a GT 520 and Temporal,2X with it because I can't see any difference between Advanced,2X and Temporal,2X. And I've tried. A lot.

However, many people are adamant that they can. Especially while watching  basketball.  More power to them.