[mythtv-users] deinterlacing 1080i content on 720 display

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Wed Aug 29 14:00:32 UTC 2012

> > Can any
> > users out there with 720 sets recommend if it's worth it to get the GT
> 430, 440, or even the 640 to get advanced 2x deinterlacing?  Or will
> > something like 2x temporal be enough with a 720 display? There's
> > something to be said for the lower power consumption of the GT 520.
> > Thoughts?
>
> I have a 55" 1080p capable TV and a GT 430 that I have tested and could
> use with it but I am using a GT 520 and Temporal,2X with it because I can't
> see any difference between Advanced,2X and Temporal,2X. And I've tried. A
> lot.

I was in the same dilemma last week... fanless GT 520 or a GT 430 with fan
(fanless were too expensive).   Ended up picking up a GT 440 on ebay for
the same price as a GT 520.

Personally, if I was paying retail I probably would go with the GT520 and
try to get it to output a native 1080i signal that my TV can deinterlace
itself, eliminating the need for deinterlacing on the card... failing that,
I'd probably be just fine with Temporal 2x.