[mythtv-users] Logging question

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Aug 29 14:48:40 UTC 2012

On 08/29/2012 02:48 AM, Robert Siebert wrote:
> mythtv routes all logging stuff through the mythlogserver now. I also
> had to change my syslog-ng (not rsyslog) configuration. I don't know if
> mythbuntu uses syslog, syslog-ng or rsyslog and the mythtv wiki only
> provides infos for rsyslog.

Ooh, nice!  Ubuntu uses rsyslog (and that's the syslog service I was
able to do any testing with), so that's why the wiki only provides info
for rsyslog.  It would be wonderful if you could create a new page(s)
for syslog-ng configuration and put them in the
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Category:Syslog_Configuration_Files .  Or, if
you don't have a wiki account or haven't used the wiki to create pages,
feel free to just send me the exact files and any instructions a person
would need to set it up, and I can create the page for it.  (And it's
fine if the config you have is 0.26pre/master/unstable/development only.)

Thanks,
Mike