[mythtv-users] Suggestions for simplest way to achieve my recording goals.

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Wed Aug 29 19:37:55 UTC 2012

>  I've been checking through the system and mail archives, but can't find
>> anything to cover my specific requirement, perhaps I'm not searching for
>> the right thing, or just not recognizing it when I see it.
>>
>> I basically want to record a specific channel for twenty four hours but
>> at a low priority so that if there's any "real", programmes they takes
>> precedence.
>>

> Create a power rule with a single clause that just checks for the channel.
>  Set it to a low priority.

I think you might still have a problem with show boundaries.

If you create a rule to record every show on channel X, with a low
priority, the scheduler will use that tuner if needed to record a higher
priority show on channel Y.  But it will only cut over at show boundaries.

For example if at a given time you run into this scenario:

Channel X:   |-----show 1 ------||--------show 2-------|

In this case, neither show 1 or show 2 would be recorded at all.

As far as I know, there is no way to tell the scheduler to cut a show off
part way through, or start recording after the show has already started.
 At least not as part of a recording schedule... I know you can do it
manually.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.