[mythtv-users] FW: Looking for sample video grabber scripts

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Thu Aug 30 00:32:30 UTC 2012

On 8/29/2012 17:34, ajp at cantabrian.co.nz wrote:
> So what I am looking at is how to have an automated mechanism so that when I
> put in my correctly setup MP4 files they end up populating MythTV Videos
> correctly. I am hoping I can achieve this with a Metadata grabber.

I think you are misunderstanding this whole process. The metadata
grabber knows nothing about any files, and has no access to the
database. It is given a query, as parsed out of the filename by the
Video Library, and is to return any information it can about the queried
title. It is not intended to have access to the file in order to pull
metadata out of the container.