[mythtv-users] Netbook as low-power combined back-end / front-end?

Ian Oliver lists at foxhill.co.uk
Thu Aug 30 08:00:11 UTC 2012

In article <CABNmk6pCV8P1EdoOxZvmbJyHTatc-4M-
hjgmhpmOiekHzbXuiw at mail.gmail.com>, Rsh1k wrote:
> Did you ever try running both the front and back end on a single Revo?

Yes, but I didn't try heavily loading it by recording loads of channels
at once while hammering it with multiple frontends.

However, given how much headroom there seems to be, I really can't see
it struggling.

I have four USB tuners which don't have PID filters, so the entire MUX
is hitting the USB bus for them all. My recording disk drive is also on
USB!

Front-end load also doesn't seem to be a challenge once VDPAU is all
working right as the CPU idles even during HD playback.

Ian