[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase question

George Galt george.galt at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 16:18:13 UTC 2012

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 11:44 AM, Scott Chevalley <avalon at osguru.org> wrote:
> I'm using schedulesdirect and recently found that Verizon added BBC America HD
> so I went into my schedulesdirect account, saw the channel was disabled, so I
> enabled it, saved and then went to my 0.25 mythbuntu backend and ran
> mythfilldatabase to fetch the programming data for the new channel.  I did
> finally get it to report success in mythweb backend status page today by running
>
> mythfilldatabase --max-days 14
>
> and I have scheduling info on BBCA HD for today, but if I go to Saturday at 9pm
> (when the new season of Doctor Who starts) I see "No DATA".
>
> I've tried running mythfilldatabase with --dd-grab-all and --do-channel-updates
> but nothing puts more than a day of scheduling for those channels...
>
> Is there something special I need to do to refresh the scheduling for that
> channe?  I'm sure I'm just missing something simple.
>
> Thanks!
> Scott

Scott:

I too have just discovered Fios has added BBC America HD.  I did a
simple "mythfilldatabase" with no parameters and it seems to work, at
least for me.

One thing to note, at least in my guide Fios lists the end of season 6
and the start of season 7 as a single episode with the title of the
end of season 6, so my system had marked it as a duplicate and was not
going to record it, so I had to force a record.

George