[mythtv-users] Format of mythtv --version?

Karl Newman siliconfiend at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 16:07:46 UTC 2012

I'm working on updating my Gentoo ebuilds (which are based on the
MythTV/packaging repository). One line in there is
MYTHTV_VERSION="v0.25.1-58-g1d41f74" I understand the first part (main
version) and the last part (short git commit id), but what is the
integer in the middle supposed to be for? I searched the wiki (and
elsewhere) but couldn't find an answer about the format. It's not
crucial for getting a working system, but I'd like it to be correct if
I have to report any issues.

Thanks,

Karl