[mythtv-users] Moving Recordings to mythvideo

jdoe mythtv at jd67.de
Sat Dec 1 11:33:14 UTC 2012

Hi Folks,

while I am running mythtv nearly 10 Years, I have now a big collection
of recordings (~2000 movies and series-episodes). In general the
navigation within the recordings becomes a little bit unclear. OK - the
new season/epsiode handling of series was a big step forward and
collecting all series within a recording-group makes live easier.
But the navigation within the movies is a little bit painful. Having
round about 1000 Movies sorted by recording-time makes live not easy.
The only change to find a recording is to search within the alphabetic
ordered view on left side. But thats all :-(
Maybe in the future some search filters will available like find all
recording with "Alien" in the title ... but not for now.

Mythvideo has the filter! :-)

So i plan to move all my recordings (only the nice ones, cutted and
transcoded) into mythvideo. Moving and renaming the files isn't a big
thing, because I have written a
sql-query-rename-copy-move-bla-bla-shell-script that will do the job for me.

So my questions:
Is it a good idea moving recording into mythvideo in my situation and
did I have the same stable playback comfort I am used to?

Do I need to build seek tables for all recording?

Did the upnp/dlna works on mythvideo within storage groups?

I will be happy for any advise or suggestion

Cheers Jan

Backend: myth 0.26.0-fixes * mythbuntu 12.04 * AMD X2 * 2GB Ram * 6 TB
Storage * 2 dvb-c and 4 dvb-t Tuners
Frondend: myth 0.26.0-fixes * mythbuntu 12.04 * Acer Revo R3610 atom/ion